Together with our supporters, we have made a very real impact in the lives of 1750+ Manitoba families in need. YCSAB baby gifts save families hundreds of dollars, hours of time, and gives them a priceless feeling that their community cares for them.
- 100% of your donated items go directly to Manitoban families in need. No one at YCSAB earns an income.
- Our project is 100% volunteer operated and most of our volunteers are parents to young children themselves, meaning that most of the project work happens after our kids have gone to sleep or when we can arrange childcare.
- We are available to answer any of your questions and remain transparent to the public in order to continue building trust with donors, volunteers and gift applicants.
- YCSAB is non-partisan, secular, and rooted in strength-based social work practice, which recognizes the resiliency and resourcefulness of the gift applicants. We believe that every family who requests a baby gift is brave for asking for help, and deserving of that help.
- We offer confidentiality to and respect the privacy of each gift applicant.
- We make each gift of baby clothes and items personalized to the family’s needs.
- We provide donors with a unique alternative for what to do with their once loved baby items. We also provide donors with an opportunity to connect directly with the people they are helping. Our project contributes to the idea of ‘parenting takes a village’ and are proud to connect parents who might not have otherwise met.
- In addition to the gift of baby clothes and baby items, we provide families with an online list of local resources to help with the high costs of raising children, as well as a big sibling gift if applicable to help ease the transition of having a new baby in the home.
- We adapt our volunteer positions to accommodate volunteers of any age and ability.
- It feels good to contribute and build meaningful connections. Every person contributing to our project is making a positive impact in the community by demonstrating that one person really can make a difference. Our project started with a simple idea, basic organizational skills, a small bedroom to collect donations, generous volunteers and donors, and a brave family in need.
You can support Manitoba Families that are in need several ways. Check them out below!
Click here to learn about volunteering with us as a Delivery Coordinator or here for our Gift Coordinator position.
Click here to learn about how your business or community group can be a drop spot for donors to receive donations.
Click here to learn about how and where you can donate your once loved baby clothes and items.
Click here to make a monetary donation to YCSAB so that we can continue to help Manitoba families in need by creating and delivering personalized gifts for a babies first year of life.