In addition to providing new parents in need baby supplies, YCSAB’s online ‘Stories’ series allows you to share your parenting experiences on our social media with the goal of inspiring and encouraging others. Your experience as a parent matters to us!
If since becoming a parent you’ve struggled with self-doubt, worry, exhaustion, loneliness, shame, sadness, anger, depression, or the stress of poverty, or you want to tell us about a proud parenting moment, or send us a cute family pic… YCSAB gift applicants, supporters and fans…WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORY!
If you want to share your story with our followers, simply visit our ‘Stories’ application page found here, and open a “Share your story” request type, and write as much or as little as you want. If you want, show off your adorable baby, or family by attaching a pic to your application. You will have the option to share your content anonymously, or to use your first or full name. Once your application is received and reviewed, we will post as many ‘Stories’ as we can to our Facebook and Instagram pages.
If you are wondering what story to share, here are some questions to get you thinking:
- Does parenting feel easier or harder than you thought it would feel?
- Describe one moment that changed everything for you as a parent.
- How does your income affect your ability to be the parent you want to be?
- What would you say to encourage other new parents?
- What do you do to keep a strong bond with your kids?
- What would make things easier for your family?
- What do you wish people knew about what it’s like for you as a parent?
- What is the hardest thing about being a parent?
- What would make the biggest difference in your life?
- What are you most proud of as a parent?
- What has been your most painful parenting experience and how did you get through it?
- If you could describe parenting in one word, what word would you use?
If You’ve Applied for, or Received a YCSAB Gift:
- How did knowing you could apply for and receive a baby gift make you feel?
- How did receiving a YCSAB baby gift impact your life?
- What would you tell the family who donated the items that made your gift if you could talk to them?
- Is there anything our team could have done differently to make your experience better?
Visit our request site to submit your story today!